Murdoch, Wellard and Kwinana Rail Station
Public Transport Authority
Construction Value: Combined value of $38.5M
MPS Architects has extensive experience in the planning, designing, construction and management of some of Perth’s major transport infrastructure projects. Our principal designers have more than 40 years of combined experience in the industry and are backed by a team of highly skilled and motivated designers, draftspeople and support staff.
MPS Architects designed, developed and constructed the Murdoch, Wellard and Kwinana Rail Stations as part of the Perth Southern Rail Project.
Main goals of the project
- Design, develop and construct several stations along the Perth Southern Rail line.
- Develop masterplans and carry out service co-ordination for each project.
- Build unique and functional structures that fit into the urban fabric.
- Maximise value for money whilst considering the long-term needs of the local community.
- Minimise ongoing maintenance costs by careful material selection and design initiatives.
- Manage and maintain rail, public and contractor safety throughout construction.
Complex projects that require an experienced team
Railway stations are extremely complicated projects with high levels of urban design, civil interface with surroundings and ongoing communication with all parties involved. Over the last decade MPS Architects has developed a strong relationship with the Public Transport Authority after designing, documenting and constructing such projects.
The MPS Architects team was led by Brett Priest (Masterplan and Detail Design, Consultation, Brief, Planning, Contract Administration and Superintendents Representation), Julian Shaw (Documentation) and Rogerio Cruz (Documentation, Drafting, Construction and Administration Support).